Hogwarts School RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to join the adventure.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When one can't reach...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ametyr

Ametyr

When one can't reach... Empty
PostSubject: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:13 am

Freya had never liked admitting that she was short, even less to other people. And it shouldn’t really be that bad, she wasn’t small for her age! So how come that this library was built for abnormally tall people?! There was no way she could reach a book on a shelf that high up!

But it was the only book about quidditch that she hadn’t read yet, so she had to… But ask for help? Not until she’d actually tried and failed all by herself first! And with nothing to step on within sight, she had actually looked around, she simply had to fall back on the same method she’d used as a child to get to things too high up; climb.

Well, climbing on the bookshelves was maybe not the greatest thing to do, the teachers would hate her if they found out (she could just pray Lionheart would keep on talking to that other student for another minute), but what to do when one had left the wand in the dorm? She didn’t want to get addicted to use magic for everything, that would be lazy…
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:24 am

Angelo passed by the area while he searched for an interesting book to read. He looked up at the girl climbing up the shelves. He glanced around to check whether anyone was watching before he told her, "you should probably come down while no one's looking yet."
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:24 am

glancing down Freya cursed on the inside at being caught

"As soon as I get what I came up here for."

getting one shelf higher up she could finally get what she climbed all this way for! What kind of an idiot had put he book up here anyway? It was as if they didn't want people to read it...
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Angelo looked at her and his mind started to ponder. "Hmmm, I should probably try that some time," he mused, "I wonder if the shelves can support my weight..." He focused back to Freya and asked, "excuse you me miss, what is your weight?"
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 am

starting to get down, now with one hand less since she's holding her book, Freya can barely hold back a laugh
"You know, that's concidered veeeery rude to ask! 136,4 Ibs."
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:48 am

"oh... it is? I didn't realize it was. My apologies," Angelo blinked. Was it rude to ask a fact. It was just weight after all.
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:19 am

Freya just huffed as an answer and checked how high up she was. Not too bad... Climbing like this was too hard, so instead she simply let go of the shelf and landed on the floor with a hard thud
"Yeah, but with all the books the shelves can keep up I'm sure you could try it out as well, they'll hold."

patting him on the arm she then headed for the desk at the front of the library; she just wanted to borrow this book and get out before she got into more trouble
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:28 am

Angelo grinned before he stared up the shelves. He did want to get the books on the top part. He thought for a moment then started to climb up. Once he got the book he wanted, he climbed back down but in the process, he misstepped and landed on the floor on his back. The shelf was shaken up a bit as a few books fell off. He evaded them by rolling on the floor but one landed on his face.
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:05 am

looking back when she heard the ruccus Freya winched as she saw the book hit the boy's face

"You okay?"
Walking back she checked of he was awake at all and just where the book had hit him
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 am

Angelo groaned as he moved the book from his face then slowly sat up. "Yeah, the book's pretty light." He grinned sheepishly as he scratched back of his head, "that was embarrassing."
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:50 am

unalbe to stop herself Freya grinned "Rather you then me."
picking up the books she simply left them in a pile on an empty spot on a shelf
"You really had to try out my already bad idea no a minute after you warned be that it was stupid and I could get caught?"
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 am

"I never said it was stupid," Angelo corrected as he picked up the books and helped her placed them on the empty shelf. He then picked up the book he wanted to read, "and no one seems to be around." He grinned, "it just got me curious."
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 am

giving him a light swat on the head with her own book Freya got up on her own feet, still grinning "What you mean is that one doesn't even have to say that it's stupid, and you just proved one reason why."
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 am

"Well you were successful with it," Angelo gave a large grin, "ah well... at least I learned something from it."
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 am

"To keep on practice so you won't fail next time?"
once again heading for the counter Freya couldn' help but to imagen what this place would be like, with that Lionheart in here, if people actaully leanred to climb the shelves on a regular basis...
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:56 pm

"That, and probably to get a ladder next time," Angelo chuckled as he followed her.
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 am

"Then what would be the point?"
It had actaully been a bit fun...
Getting her book she waited for him, hoping this conversation wasn't just over like that
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 am

"Well, if any ladders are available," Angelo replied as he mused, "if not, at least I now know that there's an alternative way." He pondered why he fell, "hmmm, I shoild practice... It's similar to rock climbing so I could try that... though there's also the possiblity that my feet were just a bit to big for the limited free space to step on..."
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 pm

trying not to laugh Freya shook her head
"Or you could just bring your wand next time and use a spell, getting the book to come to you."
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Angelo chuckled, "true enough. Yet, there's nothing wrong learning a muggle's way to get books from shelves. I mean, for example, I accidentally broke my wand. And least I have an alternative way, wouldn't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Freya nodded; she kind of liked finding people who agreed with her on that point...
"True enough. Or you can just be an idiot and forget it."
Back to top Go down
nekochan014

nekochan014

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Angelo chuckled, "like what happened just now?"
Back to top Go down
Ametyr

Ametyr

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

"So we're both idiots then..."
smiling the Gryffindor girl shook her head again
"I predict a bright future for the wizard-kind."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When one can't reach...   When one can't reach... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When one can't reach...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts School RPG :: Hogwarts Castle :: Library-
Jump to: